Thursday 7 November 2013

It's Been One Of Those Days

The rain is falling harshly, and the wind is blowing hard. Again, it's another awful day here in the Welsh Valleys. Popping your head out every half an hour to check whether or not that the box of fireworks you've bought a week ago will finally be put to use, was being something of a ritual. Success did happen, although we had to stop half way through and then begin again with the five remaining fireworks an hour later.
Still, the rest of the day has been one where Maddie is plaguing my mind. I've edited the opening chapter of her sequel, and ever since it's been burning on my brain. Why? I have no clue. Some might call it divine intervention, telling me to get on and edit the rest.
But, before any editing should occur, the book must be whole.
Large chunks of scenes are saved on a document, totalling up to 57,248 words without being pieced into a flowing novel and the bits in-between. Oh, and there are scenes missing.
Nevertheless, this book is complete... in a very dysfunctional form... but it's there. Plus, I have my trusted mind map of the plot. An outline always helps, for me anyway.
Following the flow of the multicoloured map, and Maddie's newest story is unfolding.

No comments:

Post a Comment